You have a lot to think about when shopping for flooring in homes where dogs reside. Of course, we love them, but let's face it: Dogs are tough on floors.
And, of course, the floors also need to be stylish. So here are some must-have features for new floors.
All floorings can be durable. Here are three of our top choices, however.
1. Luxury vinyl: This comes with a transparent, strong wear layer that protects the surfaces from scratches, scuffs, and dents.
2. Laminate wood flooring: This is durable, scratch and fade-resistant.
3. Engineered hardwood: The finish is an ultra-strong coating that can only be used in controlled settings.
4. Waterproof flooring: This newer version of luxury vinyl is engineered to be thicker and more durable.
5. Low pile carpets.
High water resistance
1. Luxury vinyl: This is entirely waterproof, whether submerged or spilled on.
2. Laminate: Ask the staff at the flooring store about a newly introduced waterproof version. It eliminates concerns about soaking, staining, and rippling.
3. Engineered hardwood: It's similar to solid wood but has a construction that makes it hold up to water better.
4. Waterproof flooring: This is engineered luxury vinyl that offers the highest level of moisture protection with the WPC or SPC cores that never peel or ripple.
Dogs shed, spill food, and track in dirt and mud. All floorings mentioned require only sweeping, dry mopping, and periodic cleaning. Low-pile carpets are the easiest to keep clean.
Come into our flooring company. You'll see many pet-friendly carpets, such as SmartStrand and Dixie Home, to name only a few.
Award-winning, family-owned floor source
At Ralph’s Floors, we’ve been helping people find the perfect flooring for over 50 years. We also have the best warranties in the business.
Visit our showroom in Lynden, WA. You['ll be impressed by our inventory, installations, customer service, and, most of all, our great prices. We service all of Whatcom County.